To be complete, I feel the need now to share with you ways in which I will never be "Frenchified:"
I will always find it normal and healthy to walk barefoot.
I will alway find it abnormal and unhealthy to send a three-year-old to school all day, 5 days a week.
I will always find myself in situations where I'm unsure if I should use the formal "vous" or the informal "tu."
I will never see the point of taking the seeds out of the tomato before putting it in the salad.
I will occasionally experience that awkward moment where I'm not sure if I should greet someone with a kiss on the cheek or a handshake. I will hesitate, and the moment will go by with me doing nothing, even though I know that THAT is not the right thing to do.
I will never want kids to have to do a whole year of music theory before they can even touch the instrument of their choice.
My clothes budget will never equal that of your average French woman.
I will not see the point of going to the doctor every time I have a stuffy nose. Nor the point of taking mountains of medicine for aforementioned stuffy nose.
I will always leave my shutters open to let in the very last rays of evening sunlight.
1 comment:
The tomato comment is too funny! I couldn't agree with you more about schooling 3 year olds all day and savoring the sunlight!
Post a Comment