Sunday, September 7, 2008

Top Buttons

Recently, I've been experiencing what may be called "Top Button Syndrome." Suddenly, I have clothes that just don't fit me like they used to. For example, jeans that I can't button anymore. Or, maybe I can button them, but somehow it feels so good at the end of the day when I UNbutton them.

Now, honestly, this is not a problem I'm used to having. Usually things are too big in the waist for me. And, really, when I step on the scale, it doesn't tell me I've gained weight. When I look at myself in the mirror, it doesn't really look like I've gained weight.

And, yet, there it is.

That button.

Yesterday, I took the plunge. I went into the storage room and rifled through boxes until I found the right one. You know. THAT box. The one that says "Maternity Clothes"...

6 comments:

Holly B. said...

Hooray for a new litle one! How exciting! When are you due?

Melinda said...

YAY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

He oui on pensait bien que vous ne pourriez pas rester très longtemps à 3 dans une si grande maison et un si grand jardin.
Et puis les enfants uniques quand on voit ce que ça peut donner parfois il vaut mieux éviter !!!

Félicitations et que le Seigneur dirige toutes choses jusqu'à la venue de n° 2, et pour la suite bien sur !!!

Au fait c'est pour quand ?

Erica said...

Oh yeah,
How exciting! Congratulations.

Mentanna said...

ahh you sneaky girl! the whole "i can't button a button so i am pregnant" approach. congrats! i hope you are feeling well, getting some rest etc. that is just exciting to hear. we will be praying...

Anonymous said...

congratulations, Thomas & Dawn!!
- Mag, Singapore