Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tassia's sixth month

Tassia is a funny kid. She has discovered that she can blow raspberries. She will lay on her back, stick out her tongue, and blow so intensely that, not only is her chin and upper lip covered with spit, as you might expect, but she also has spit in her eyelashes and hair. She thinks it's just great when I blow raspberries back. She's started eating applesauce and other mushy fruits. It seems to me that she's much more excited about solid food than Alina was at this age. I made the mistake yesterday of peeling a banana for myself while holding her in my arms. Have you ever seen a six-month-old try to bite a chunk out of a banana? The banana-eating process ended up taking a lot longer and being a lot messier than I had expected. She's started to hold herself up in a sitting position unassisted. She's fascinated by Pongo, and also by her older sister. She is capable of rolling over, but seems to have forgotten that. It's probably been a couple of weeks since she's actually done it. We keep expecting that first tooth any day now. For now, her eyes are still blue, but I expect they will darken. Her hair isn't exactly blonde, but it's pretty light. Which is easier to tell now that there is a bit more of it. She has foiled our hopes of having a baby that takes consistent naps. If anything, she actually sleeps less than Alina. How is that possible? Who knows.

No comments: