Fourth dr.'s visit in 10 days. Results:
I have an ear infection. And pinkeye (more on this later). And a super-sore throat with swollen glands. And a fever that comes and goes. And a stuffy/runny nose. And a cough.
About pinkeye: When the dr. diagnosed Tassia the other day, he said she had a conjoncti-something-or-other. Some French medical term that meant nothing to me. I did actually say the word "pinkeye" to myself, but with the craziness, had had no time to actually look it up. So, we've been treating her for this conjuncti-thinggummy, scrupulously putting drops in her eyes 3 times a day like the dr. said. It wasn't until this morning that I had 5 minutes to look up the darn word in the dictionary, and then on the internet since it wasn't actually in my dictionary.
Pinkeye.
OK. Suddenly, I have lots of associations with this word. It means something to me. The most prominent association being "HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS!" Now, I figured that whatever this conjucti-whatever was, it was probably contagious. I had tried to be careful to wash my hands before and after cleaning her eyes, not using the same washcloth for her and Alina, etc. Could I have used more precaution? Maybe. It's true that there's a difference between "probably contagious" and "HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS", which are words the dr. never used in his diagnosis. So, Tassia's symptoms are cleared up, but I have it now. Along with an ear infection and a whole host of other unpleasant symptoms.
The most annoying thing, besides wanting to crawl under a rock and hide there? Having to explain to Tassia 5 or 6 times a day (with no voice) that no, in fact, I can not read her a story. Especially when she so innocently says, "Read bunny book, please?" and, to my negative reaction, "Please, happy read."
Plus, we're supposed to see a new family from church tomorrow. Not sure I'm up to it, but REALLY don't want to cancel. Again. (They had invited us over for a few days after our car broke down, and so we had no transportation to get there.) We could use your prayers.
No comments:
Post a Comment