We had a nice day. This morning, we went to Niort and visited a museum with a family from church. We generally enjoy this sort of thing, and this was no exception. They had a display of modern art. There was this metal sculpture, made out of junk that didn't look like it resembled anything at all, but when you lit it up from the right angle, it made a clear shadow of a little girl and a little boy kissing. So cool!
This afternoon, I baked my first 2 loaves of no-knead all-sourdough bread. It turned out great! (Why did people start kneading bread in the first place, I wonder?) I may try and tweak the recipe a bit. It is really good, but..um...no one could mistake it for anything but sourdough. Maybe cutting down on the 19 1/2 hours of rising time could change that.
As I was pulling the bread out of the oven, a friend of Alina's from school rang the doorbell. She and her mom had baked cookies and brought us some, so we swapped them for a half a loaf of bread and went and played in the backyard. As it turns out, Zoe has had the chickenpox. She broke out in spots last Thursday. We spent all day with her last Wednesday. This could explain a certain amount of grumpiness in our house right now, along with Alina's sudden love for naps!
At dinner, we had this conversation:
TASSIA: I have a story where I turn into a puddle.
ME: Oh, really? A puddle of what?
TASSIA: A puddle of soup
I guess there are worse puddles one could turn into.
No comments:
Post a Comment