Sunday, April 15, 2012

3 Cheers for Tassia!




Tassia is now a big 3-year-old. This has not prevented her, several times this week, from insisting that she is a baby, and therefore can't walk, or needs to be held, or should sit in the baby seat... On the other hand, she has begun insisting that she is a big girl and doesn't need a diaper at naptime anymore. I love being able to put her to bed without a diaper! I'm a little less fond of washing sheets, however.

For her birthday, she received a book about Pippi Longstocking (to be read aloud, of course!). Ever since I explained to the girls about Pippi's hair that sticks straight out, Tassia will often ask me to do her hair like Pippi's. She also received a set of Russian nesting dolls. For Christmas, she received a book about matriochkas, and since often asks to play with mine. However, I'm a bit particular about mine, not wanting them to be lost. These are her very own, to play with as she sees fit (and Mama's trying already to get used to the idea that they will inevitably get lost.)

Unlike her other birthdays so far, Tassia has actually understood that she has made the passage from two to three. She will even try to hold up three fingers (the French way, a thumb and 2 fingers), showing how her math skills have increased over the last couple of months. She is growing more and more independent, and I think she enjoys being big sister to Sybille.

Her favorite colors are yellow (see cake) and gray. She does not yet have a favorite number, so far as I know, but recognizes the letter 8 as being Alina's! One of her favorite activities is snuggling on the couch, followed closely by reading the same book over and over. Preferably right in a row.

We celebrated her birthday with half her grandparents, and a friend from Alina's school. A good time was had by all.

No comments: