Friday, November 21, 2014


 I am very, very happy to announce that I am (practically) at the end of a very, very, very long and drawn-out sewing project.
 Anybody out there ever checked out the price of a travel harp cover?  You don't want to.  I took one look at it and thought, "Hey, I can buy a lot of material for THAT price.  So, a few months and many, many hours of work later...
 "Princess's raincoat" is finally finished.  Well, almost.  It's usable, anyway.  And, here is Princess with my princess.  Everyone DID notice the color-coordination, right?  Alina insisted on wearing The Dress the day Princess's raincoat made its first outing.  Yes, Alina and Princess went to music theory class in matching outfits.
 And here's another princess.
And yet another princess.  The tear, by the way, was because she thought I wasn't going to take her picture.  (Notice the now-naked harp in the background.)





I can finally move the sewing machine off of the counter, and maybe even pick up all the bits of red and white material off of the floor.  Just in time for sewing costumes for the school Christmas show.  Sigh.....

1 comment:

Mdivgirl said...

You are a very cool mother. The harp was a dream instrument of mine throughout my childhood, but my mom kept insisting that it was not practical enough to learn and too big to carry. (I kept pointing out that the piano was bigger, but she was having none of that.)