Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hooray!

I haven't written much about our church recently. This is not because nothing is happening. Up until last Easter, the only people in the pews of our church on a given Sunday who were not retired were named Constantini. At Easter, we had a family with 3 boys start coming. They come faithfully every week and are eager to get involved. Recently, another woman has started coming with her 2 children and her elderly mother. She has been without a church home for quite some time. She is going through a difficult time right now and says she is extremely grateful to have found us. Last Sunday, we had 7 kids in church, and none of them were visitors!

Tonight, Thomas is in Saint-Maixent, a town about 30 minutes away from Melle having our first-ever Saint-Maixent Bible study. It "just happens" that all of these new members, as well as another of our most dynamic members live in this town and were all eager to meet together on a regular basis.

We're really encouraged by this and excited about the possibilities for future growth, both individually and numerically. If you pray, please keep our church in your prayers.

2 comments:

Becca Beau said...

How exciting! And...I started a new blog. So...if you're interested, I think that somehow this should give you a link to it. Maybe?

Marti Mylin said...

Hi Dawn, I'm just catching up. This is very encouraging news! God at work through you...