Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Organization

Organization. Yes, that's what I need. Organization.

I started teaching again this week. I think it's been a bit stressful for everyone involved. Let's see. Tassia cries every time I leave the room where she is. Which makes it really fun when I'm gone for 3 hours at a time. Alina has entered into a new phase of relationship vocabulary. Which means that she now can tell me, "Me love you. Me going for miss you," as she's sobbing because I'm going to go teach. Promising her her very own violin lesson every day only helps slightly. And I'm suddenly realizing how invaluable my crockpot is going to be this school year.

The vast majority of my students from last year are back, and I have 7 beginners, plus another new-to-me student. Just to give you and idea, the 2 previous years I only had 2 beginners each year. I've also agreed to do daycare music programs. This will involve singing, banging on drums, shaking maracas, tambourines, or bells, and other such pleasantries. Only at this point, I don't actually know what I'm doing. I'm sure it will all come together somehow.

I've also had to purposefully make up my schedule to include nursing breaks. Good thing my inlaws live close enough to where I teach for them to bring me Tassia or for me to go to them. But we start applesauce soon.

No comments: