Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Long Silence

It's been awhile since I've posted.  There's a good reason, though.  My parents have been here for the last 3 weeks.  It's been a sweet, relaxing time.  Because of my belly, we didn't do too much in the way of intense sight-seeing, although I'm sure I'll have some pictures to post when things calm down a bit.  There's been lots of story-reading, lots of playing in the yard and swinging at the park.  A couple of short trips to see museums or friends.  Tassia took her first steps, at Grandpa's coaxing, in honor of her 15-month birthday.  (Surely she'll be walking before I have another one to carry, right????) 
 
Grandma and Grandpa leave early tomorrow morning.  They had retired to the studio where they've been sleeping, and a minute later, my mom comes back into the house with a sheepish look on her face.  She handed us the studio key, saying, "We're not sure if it broke off in the lock, or if the piece fell on the ground...)  We have a spare key, but if the key had been broken off in the lock, things would have been extremely problematic.  Fortunately, this was not the case.  Hopefully, this will be the worst obstacle they have to deal with in their travels. 
 
And, oh, yeah, my mom cut my hair tonight...

1 comment:

Holly B. said...

How fun to have family there! When are you due?