Saturday, October 23, 2010

Packing Update

I'm writing this post through a fog of fatigue. I finished up my final day of teaching on Wednesday. That's a big relief! My replacement seems really nice, and she observed me teaching the entire week, so she's met all of my students. I also informed my boss of my intention to take an additional leave of absence after the end of my maternity leave. The duration of that is yet to be determined, but I feel good at the thought of taking some extra time for myself, the girls, and the new baby. Oh, I'm sure Thomas will benefit as well.

We signed to purchase our new house on Friday. Yay! At that point, we felt pretty good about how packing was going. Tonight, we are stressed. Tomorrow we'll probably be panicked. And yet, one way or another, everything will make it into the new house by Monday evening. We have no choice.

Our consolation is that the couple moving their family out of our new house and into our old one seemed on Friday to be in about the same shape as we were.

So, thanks to everyone for thinking of us through the whole house-hunting and purchasing process. We'd appreciate some more of that through the moving out (and in!) process.

Once we're in the new house, we've been told it will take a good 10 days or so until we'll have functioning telephone and internet, and that we'll probably not be able to keep our same phone number. So, don't be worried if we're a bit harder to get ahold of. We'll try and keep everyone posted as soon as that becomes possible!

No comments: