Saturday, October 16, 2010
Turnovers
The goal for this next week (among other things) is to eat as much as possible out of the freezer, fridge, and cellar. Taking stock of those places yesterday, I discovered: 5 kilos of flour, frozen hamburger, a can of green beans, and a bit of cheese. Does this suggest anything to anyone? I made meat turnovers, my favorite childhood meal. Actually, I should say "we" made meat turnovers, as the girls helped me. When time came to roll out the dough, I gave each girl a small bit of dough and her own rolling pin. Alina actually rolled hers out without too much help. Tassia obviously needed more assistance, but mostly she needed convincing not to eat the dough! When time came to stuff them, Alina helped me put the beans and cheese in hers. She then closed it up all by herself, and put it on the pan to bake. In the meantime, Tassia had eaten all the stuffing out of hers, so we had to start the stuffing process all over. When lunchtime came, each girl then got to eat her very own turnover! There was also a designated turnover for Aslan, who has been staying over at our house the last few days. Ever since Alina actually started getting interested in this crazy book I've been reading her about 4 kids and a wardrobe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment