One of the advantages of this site, besides the great advice, is the recipes. Notably, there are recipes for what to do with your leftover starter that you would normally be throwing away. Which is how we enjoyed a batch of sourdough blackberry muffins (sounds crazy, but they were really good) a few days ago, and sourdough pizza dough today. I had help with my pizza crust. Two little girls wanted their own pizzas shaped like Mickey Mouse.
Monday, October 31, 2011
Sourdough Success
I have to show this off:
This is bread that I baked, with my very own sourdough starter. I happened a couple of weeks ago to be talking with one of my two favorite sisters-in-law, and mentioned I had bread rising. She sent me a link giving instructions for a no-knead bread. The site was well-done and interesting, and I will maybe try their method sometime. But, in browsing around the site, I found that they couldn't get their method to work using all whole-grain flour (which I usually use), and they couldn't get their method to work using only sourdough starter and no yeast (which I used to do.) Well, this all got me thinking and motivated to re-start baking sourdough. Since my starter died (long story), I knew I would have to start another one. A quick Google let me to this website. This site is amazing, for anyone who intends to ever bake bread, and especially anyone who wants to bake sourdough. The 3 batches of bread I've baked since I found this site have been the best bread I've ever made, and I have a sourdough starter that will knock your socks off!
One of the advantages of this site, besides the great advice, is the recipes. Notably, there are recipes for what to do with your leftover starter that you would normally be throwing away. Which is how we enjoyed a batch of sourdough blackberry muffins (sounds crazy, but they were really good) a few days ago, and sourdough pizza dough today. I had help with my pizza crust. Two little girls wanted their own pizzas shaped like Mickey Mouse.
One of the advantages of this site, besides the great advice, is the recipes. Notably, there are recipes for what to do with your leftover starter that you would normally be throwing away. Which is how we enjoyed a batch of sourdough blackberry muffins (sounds crazy, but they were really good) a few days ago, and sourdough pizza dough today. I had help with my pizza crust. Two little girls wanted their own pizzas shaped like Mickey Mouse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment