Today Sybille is 9 months old. I would absolutely love to post some pictures, but our camera and our desktop computer are currently not speaking to each other, and our laptop asked me for drivers this afternoon, which I have yet to locate, so all those cute pictures are just going to stay safely tucked away in the camera for awhile. At 8 and a half months, give or take a few days, Sybille decided that she prefers the upright position. She now pulls herself up on everything. She even scooted herself around our living room floor pushing on a kiddy-size wooden chair the other day. Alina walked at 14 months. Tassia at 18. Something tells me Sybille is going to beat them both. She has also decided that she absolutely needs to reach the top of the stairs under her own power. Not if I can help it, Sybille! You can wait awhile on that one! She's started saying, "Mama." Whenever she's upset, that is the syllable that comes out of her mouth. Does it really designate me at this point? I don't know, but since I'm often the one to come and fix whatever the problem is, it seems highly appropriate. When she's happy, she belts out contented chains of "Ba Ba Ba" or "Da Da Da." We could therefore say that she says "Dada" when she's happy, but that would be a bit of a stretch. The tooth count is up to 5, and if her sleeping pattern for the last 2 days is an indication, another one may be on its way. She's managed to bite me a few times. Why, when this happens, do I end up having to comfort her? She's an expert at picking up lint off the floor. Pebbles, too. You know, the ones her sisters collect and bring in the house. As far as I know, she has yet to ingest anything dangerous. But, maybe I'm just better off in the dark. She has a funny way of puffing out her lips and blowing. Practicing for birthday candles already? Fortunately, we have awhile... |
Friday, October 7, 2011
Sybille's 9th month
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment