No, I'm not pregnant.
But, I got my runny-nosed, weary-eyed self out of the house today to do some grocery shopping. I didn't need that many things, and, contrary to my usual habit, hadn't made a list. As I was pushing the stroller up the hill to the store, I was thinking about what I needed to get, when all of a sudden, I was hit by this overwhelming thought: CRANBERRY JUICE!!!
Now, please understand that this was not, "Hey, if I happened to have some cranberry juice right now, I think I'd drink it." This was suddenly seeing myself sipping a tall glass of ice-cold cranberry juice and wanting that to be true SO badly. You can actually get cranberry juice in France, which is a relatively recent thing. But they don't sell it at the store where I usually shop, and it's something like 3 times as expensive as apple juice, so I usually don't buy it. But today I just had to have some. Of course, I was going to the store where they don't sell it, which is the only store within walking distance of our house. But after I taught this afternoon, I swung by a store where they do sell it. I'm enjoying it SO much this very minute.
No comments:
Post a Comment