Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Baby #2: First Pictures

I hesitated on a caption for this one, so you can take you pick, either:
I'm a lumberjack, and I'm OK, or
Beverly Hillbillies, here I come!

Seriously, here is my solution to the fact that I can find no maternity clothes to fit me. One pair of suspenders and, voilà, any pair of pants that would normally be too big becomes a pair of maternity pants. Don't worry, I did NOT go out in public like this. I had a nice warm sweater over the top of everything and actually, I looked pretty cute. At least, Thomas says so.

Here's the side view. This was at about 3 1/2 months. I know, I know, my hand is kind of in the way.

This one's just a freebie. Fortunately, we spent the extra euro or two to get Alina the super-washable Crayola kids' markers. One or two swipes of the washrag, and our warpaint was a thing of the past.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Dawn,

What cuties you all are. It's so funny, I have been thinking about trying the suspender thing lately (at 7 mos. my maternity pants are always nearly falling down!).

We also love those washable crayola products, and keep nothing else in the house - or at least, not within reach of little fingers! Body art was Aine's favorite thing for a long, long time.

Hope you are feeling well!

Mentanna said...

you are quite the trend setter. you go girl!

Anonymous said...

C'est quand même mieux qu'un tonneau, tenu par deux bretelles, comme Diogène Laërce!...