Notice the turkey thighs on the bed of stuffing, the green beans made with real French fried onions and an improvised Campbell's soup substitute, the cranberry sauce (note to self: buy cranberry sauce the next time you're in America), and the (not-homemade) bread. I can almost hear my dad shrieking in horror, "What, no mashed potatoes?" Well, it's true we had no mashed potatoes. Maybe my enthusiasm didn't go quite that far, or maybe it was the reality that there WERE only going to be 3 of us eating, and I couldn't get Alina to eat any of it until the second time around. Speaking of Alina, here are her an her papa getting ready to eat aforementioned Thanksgiving meal:
Here is the Advent wreath I just made. It's Fimo, plus a wire frame, plus live holly we went and (probably illegally) cut from the bush in the park. I was pretty proud of it.
And here is Alina helping me decorate our Christmas tree! Why is our Christmas tree up so early? you ask. Well, because later this week I'd like to bake Christmas cookies, and the next 2 weekends, we're going to be busy with some extra church activites. Now just seemed like it was time.
I'll spare you the picture of the fingerpuppet cat I made for Alina, but it's pretty cute. Now, if only this energy could transform itself somehow into a cleaner house!
No comments:
Post a Comment