Friday, November 7, 2008

Super Mom

It was sunny this afternoon, so I took Alina to the playground. Being Super Mom, and anticipating that the grass might be wet, I stuck her rain boots in the stroller. When we got there and I saw the puddles under the swings, I put her boots on and rolled her pantlegs up a bit, secure in the knowledge that my little girl was now set to play to her heart's content without getting wet. She slides down the slide once, then heads to the swings. I help her sit on the swing, being careful not to get MY feet wet (her feet being, of course, amply protected.) I give her a little nudge, then settle down on the other swing as we always do. After a few minutes, Alina decides to get off. Now, usually, I help her off if I can, but she's gotten off the swing before by herself and has NEVER had a problem. Until now. She gets off, and her little feet hit the ground...er...puddle while the swing itself is on the back-swing. Having not completely let go, she is pulled backward, and the next thing I know, she is laying on her back in 3 inches of water.

So much for my motherly foresight.

We had to run home so I could change her before she could catch cold. Again. (And, if you think pushing a stroller uphill in a hurry when you're four months pregnant is fun, you need to reconsider your definition of fun.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn and Thomas! First congrats on the reason Dawn is wearing suspenders and that you'll have another child to splash in puddles with. :)

I must make a confession- I've been secretly reading your blogs for quite some time and haven't commented yet. I'm sorry! Your blog is one of my faves to read and I have enjoyed keeping up with you, your insights, and your humor/or humour. :)

We're well. We welcomed our son, Aidan, to our family on Oct 27! An email with pics to follow soon.
Vous aimez! -Aimee (for Clayton and Aidan)