Yesterday afternoon, we finally found the boxes containing Christmas tree and ornaments, and could therefore set up our Christmas tree. Needless to say, I had 2 little girls who were a bit excited. At dinner, Alina suddenly got really grumpy. Despite the fact that I was feeding her pasta, she ate almost nothing, and said her tummy hurt. This is a common complaint for her, but usally a trip to the restroom does the trick, so we didn't think too much of it. Getting ready for bed, she seemed fine. Then, suddenly, she said her tummy hurt, started crying, and then said her throat hurt. At this point, I was thoroughly confused. Tummy? Throat? What?
I asked if she wanted a drink of water. She said yes. On the way to the bathroom, she promptly got sick all over the floor. Ah, now it all makes sense. Alina has never in her life had the stomach flu, and has only thrown up once before, when she bumped her head really hard (that was a scary experience for another post). So, she couldn't describe to me, "Mama, I'm going to be sick," because she doesn't have the experience.
We put her to bed with a rice cake and some apple juice. She repeated the experience about an hour later. I was all set to spend all night getting up every couple of hours to clean up puke. However, everyone slept through the night (minus a couple of bathroom breaks), and everyone seems fine this morning.
???????
1 comment:
Yes, with my kids it's usually just one or two good ones and then they sleep it off. Stomach flus are a pain from the laundry perspective but usually not that terrible for the kids.
Congrats, you get a mommy badge for your first stomach flu.
Last year we had our first on an airplane - a sort of mommy "medal of honor!"
Post a Comment